Our purpose is to provide individualized, deliberate, student-focused support to help students enroll in a great-fit college where they will be challenged, will grow, and will thrive.
Some of the ways we accomplish this are by:
- Providing family and one-on-one counseling as well as curriculum-based seminar courses for juniors in their spring semester.
- Guiding students and families in creating a list of schools that will fit the student's unique talents and interests and that will be a great fit academically, socially, and financially.
- Advising students and parents on standardized testing, college essays, the application process, interviews, college visits, and financial aid.
- Working closely with and assisting seniors as they complete their essays and applications, ensuring they meet all deadlines and submit top-notch applications.
- Hosting over 100 college and university representatives on campus in the fall to meet with students and to learn about Wooster's unique and engaging community.
John Newman, Director of Student Guidance
John joined Wooster in the summer of 2022. He comes to Wooster with over twenty-five years of educational experience. Most recently, he was the Associate Director of Alumni and Parent Relations at Trinity Pawling School (NY).
Judith Israel, Associate Director of College Guidance
Judith joined the Wooster community in the summer of 2021, with 6 years of experience in higher-education admissions. Prior to Wooster, Judith worked at Florida State University as a First-Year Counselor and Recruiter in Tallahassee, Florida.
Beth Jones, Associate Director of College Guidance
Beth joined the Wooster community in the summer of 2022. She comes to Wooster with a wealth of experience, having been a school counselor at Brewster High School (NY) for the past 16 years.